I GOT MY FREE ZOYA POLISHES!
Hooray! I ordered Gwin, Charla (in spite of its many dupes), and Pippa. I tried Charla first... it's still a little too grey and rainy for Gwin and Pippa, I think. I'll try to swatch them, though, if I have time.
I've been wearing Charla for 4 days now with my normal base and topcoats, and only have minor tipwear. There's a little VNL (Visible Nail Line) in the picture... I didn't really notice it in real life. I did only put on two coats, though, so I'm sure that's the reason for it. I've gotten several compliments on the color, and I feel like the polish must be made of ground mermaid scales to be as watery and sparkly as it is. Even the Friend-Boy was fascinated by the color when I got it... he kept picking up the bottle and turning it over in the light.
Macro/angle shot to show the duochrome effect... it is there, really, although it is rather subtle.
I'm going to change my polish tonight anyway, so this morning I decided to mix things up a bit by stamping with one of the odd Bundle Monster designs and China Glaze's "For Audrey." I also finished it with a matte topcoat.
Another closeup for duochrome. Meh. I am not a huge fan of completely matte looks... I prefer my polish shiny.
- Sinful Colors basecoat
- Zoya "Charla" (FREEEEEEeeeee! Charla is a greenish teal with a blue duochrome effect. It has a half-dozen dupes, but this color is amazing. Use it for all your mermaid-ing needs.)
- Seche Vite topcoat
- China Glaze "For Audrey" (also FREEEeee when I got a backup bottle of Seche Vite. I've been interested in this color for a while, and I'm happy to have it. More info when I actually try to do a mani with it.)
- China Glaze "Matte Magic" (This matte topcoat slightly lightens the color it is applied over.)
- Bundle Monster Image Plate BM20, stamper, scraper, and other required goodies.
- Start with clean, dry nails and a well-ventilated space.
- Apply basecoat to all nails, let dry.
- Apply Charla to all nails, letting dry between coats. I ended up only using 2 coats, but probably 3 is better.
- Top with Seche Vite.
- Wear for several days, until you are bored and want a change...
- Stamp nails with For Audrey and the funny wiggly design from BM20. My nails are so short that I only had to stamp once with the shorter direction of the image!
- Let dry and top with a thickish swipe of Matte Magic. I found that Matte Magic wanted to smear much more than my usual Seche Vite.